Saturday, November 15, 2008

The smallest good deed is better than the grandest good intention

I was the one who liked to have a plan. In my mind I always had a lot of things that I want to do. But most of them remained only as plans and others became reality only after I gave my self some effort to do that.

One case was about building a kitchen for my new house. When I bought a new house four years ago, the house didn't have a kitchen at that time. I had a plan to build a nice kitchen after we could save some money. Time went by, and we never even tried to build it step by step. We always thought that we would have a perfect time to build it. It had been four years and it was all left only as a plan. Even when we had to go to Australia for study, the kitchen had not been built.

Another story was about my habit for delaying study. Because sometimes I thought that I could do it later. The problem was I even delayed doing my homework or assignment until close to the due date. If I had done it earlier, I knew that I could do much better. But I didn't do it. That's why sometimes I couldn't finish my homework or assignment on time, or even if I could do it on time, the result didn't satisfy me at all, because I did that in hurry.

But I have another good story which actually always inspired me to change my habit. The story was about one of my friends who became a principal in primary school. As a new principal I believed she must be shocked when she knew about her new school's condition for the first time. No professional staff, no trained teacher and very poor infrastructure. She had a big plan to change all the conditions into better ones. But instead of waiting for enough funds to achieve her plan, she chose to work step by step, little by little. She trained all the staff and the teacher, she encouraged them to be more professional and have wide knowledge. She used recyclable things to teach the students. She was very creative. And she was successful. Now her school has became one of the favorite schools. She became not only a teacher but a counselor to for a lot of school. From a little step by step she could make her dream come true

No comments: